The time that I do not spend at work, or in prayer, at Church, and study of the Holy Bible forms that part of my day which is engaged in my hobbies.
My hobbies include Finance and Investing, Day Trading, Traveling (I enjoy traveling to all parts of the USA and to many parts of the world; While I was rich (I am no longer wealthy) I stayed at every Ritz Carlton in California and Hawaii, and at most others within the USA as well) innovation and high-tech gadget creation, golf, tennis, boating, running, hiking, cycling, kayaking, canoeing, taking long drives, pistol and gun target and skeet shooting, ballroom dancing, serial entrepreneurship as well as reading lots of books about all sorts of subjects. I also consider myself a super-connector (connecting CEOs, CIOs, CMOs, CSOs, and other C-Level Execs and small businesses, entrepreneurs, angel investors and VCs together in order to make business deals happen.)
I like high-end film as well as digital photography. I like theater. I like to watch Shakespearean and other plays. I like going to the Opera, I really enjoy Classical music! Some of my favorite composers include Bizet, Beethoven, Bach, Handel, Chopin, Vivaldi, Mozart, Brahms, Wagner, Gershwin and more.
Most of all, however, I love listening to Christian Rock very much, including Casting Crowns, Mercy Me, Chris Tomlin, Chris August, Chris and Conrad, Michael W. Smith, Philips Craig and Dean, The Afters, Sanctus Real, Tenth Avenue North, Newsboys, Mark Schultz, David Gungor, Kutless, Lincoln Brewster, Matthew West, Matt Maher, Point of Grace, Francesca Battistelli, Josh Wilson, Tree36, Amy Grant, Jeremy Camp, Jason Gray, David Crowder Band, Fernando Ortega, Keith and Kristyn Getty, Hillsong, Jesus Culture, Gateway Worship, Vertical Band and many more...I have the largest collection of Christian Rock music of anyone I know.
I like driving fast cars, although I always obey the speed limit. I have owned, leased, rented, or otherwise driven most models of Lexus, Mercedes, Cadillac, Porsche, BMW, and Jaguar. I would love to drive a Lamborghini, a Bentley, a Ferrari and a McLaren some day...! I am an unabashed and unashamed capitalist and do not apologize for it. Profit is a good word, not a bad one in my vocabulary. The Bible never said that money was bad. It said having the “love of money” in your heart was bad. Indeed I have seen money perform miracles in the right hands. Those who give generously to their Church see first hand the results of their charitable giving in the form of lives transformed, people’s entire worlds changed, and a whole lot of good come from it. No, money is just a tool. What you do with your money is what makes all the difference.
I enjoy all sorts of cuisines: Good old fashioned Yankee, Italian, French, German, Greek, English, Chinese, Thai, Indian, Nepalese, Mexican, Mongolian, Cajun, BBQ, Burgers and Hot Dogs, Pizza, and more! However, I do not care for Sushi...! I never really developed the taste for Sushi.
I like to keep fit and in perfect health. I typically work 12-14 hour days (including commuting time) and walk, jog, or run several times a week in order to work off any excess calories. I like to maintain the ideal BMI of between 18.5 and 25. At this point in time, Thanks be to God, I am in relatively good health.
I am a NRA Range Safety Officer and Firearms Instructor qualified in both the handgun as well as the long gun. I have won several Leadership awards from the NRA..
I am a student pilot who is in the process of securing his Pilot’s license. My goal is to become a VFR and an IFR rated pilot with single engine, twin engine and eventually with Commercial Jet Aircraft. .
Favorite football team: Chicago Bears. Favorite baseball team: Chicago White Sox as well as, believe it or not, those losing Cubs.I enjoy dressing up for special occasions, and regularly add to my collection of 150+ ties.
Organizations I support with my time, talent and treasure, some of which I play a very active role in:
- American Bible Society
- Chain of Lakes Community Bible Church
- National Republican Congressional Committee
- The Heritage Foundation
- The CATO Institute
- Feed my starving children
- Feeding America
- Northern Illinois Food Bank
- Focus on the Family
- National Rifle Association (NRA)
- National Republican Senatorial Committee
- Campus Crusade for Christ
- Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
- Republican National Committee
- George W. Bush Presidential Center
- National Pro-Life Alliance
- The USO
- American Red Cross
- John McCain for President
- McCain Country First PAC
- Donald J. Trump for President
- Trump Presidential Coalition
- John Shimkus for Congress
- Citizens for Governor Scott Walker (Campaign Manager, Oak Creek)
- Citizens for Governor Bruce Rauner
- Citizens for Governor Rick Perry
- Citizens for Governor Rick Scott
- Ron Paul for Congress
- Rand Paul for US Senate
- Mark Kirk for US Senate
- Leah Vukmir for US Senate
- Dan Rutherford for Treasurer
- Mark Curran for Sherriff
- Nick Sauer for Lake County Board
- Aaron Lawler for Lake County Board
- Richard Grabowski for Congress
- Friends of Devin Nunes
- Joe Walsh for Congress
- Bob Dold for Congress
- Peter Roskam for Congress
- Randy Hultgren for Congress
- Friends of Speaker Paul Ryan
- Richard Hill for Mayor
- Bill McLeod for Mayor
- Gary Pilafas for Village Trustee (Campaign Manager & Website)
- Michael Bloomberg for Mayor
- Lake County Republican Federation
- Lake County Right to Life PAC
- Schaumburg Township Republican Organization
- Republican Party of Californa
- Republican Party of Santa Clara County
- Republican Party of Wisconsin
- Republican Party of Illinois
- Republican Party of Florida
- Republican Party of Texas
- Salute, Inc.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- The American Legion
- Soldier’s Wish
- Educational Media Foundation - K-LOVE & Air1 Radio Networks
- Marine Corps Scholarship Fund
- Moody Broadcasting Network - Moody Radio
- National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund
- Wycliffe Associates
- Joel Osteen Ministries
- Faith Evangelical Lutheran Church (Wisconsin Synod)
- Willow Creek Community Church
- Willow Creek Association
- Professional Golfers’ Association
- Americans for Prosperity
- Campaign for Liberty
- Republican Governors Association
- Republican Security Council
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of America
- The Navigators
- United States Deputy Sheriff’s Association
- Numerous Homeland Security Committees which shall remain unnamed.